Friday, December 14, 2007

Since the last post...

Much has happened since I last posted. I hope I can recall them all.

  • I had a group report and presentation to participate in. My group initially had 5, then the Costa Rican dude went home leaving four. Then priorities took another member leaving 3. I think we did well enough.
  • Two days after I had my first exam. Went well (I suppose an A could count as such)
  • I spoke to one of the lecturers for a course and found out that a group failed a group project (which I realised could potentially mean they failed the course). I had a hard time forgetting that bit and only mentioned it to a few people. We decided to not freak anyone out and made a pact to keep it to ourselves. Of course we didn't know which group had failed.
  • Had a rather unsuccessful study session on Sat following exam. Weekend was somewhat similar- not focused and could not get much work done.
  • Week of studying by myself and with a friend online (which was really helpful and cool)
  • Second exam was...ahm...interesting. I found out 2 days before the exam how the structure was going to be and I only found out because I emailed and asked. Apparently it was not on the main agenda to inform students. I should also mention that the response had the whole class in a "What the...?!?!" frame of mind. 8 questions in 3 hours...hmmm. I have no idea how he marks so I really hope and I pray I got another A.
  • After 2nd exam, I decided to get my grade for the course where the group had failed (only because a member of my group got an A so I was confident it was not our group). I got an A too... but it was bitter sweet seeing that others passed but failed the course because of the project they failed.
  • Third exam was sweet (I hope). I could have done more or less all 6 questions on the paper though I was required to do 3. I ended up doing my 3 questions in 2 hours (exam is supposed to be for 3 hours). For the first time in history I left an exam this early (and I was also the first one to leave) and still felt somewhat confident I passed. I wanted to put some ease to my mind so I went to the lecturer and told him what I did, so I aint worried at all now.
  • Went to town with some friends (classmates) and walked with them as they shopped. Got home late, but didn't stay long because I went over to some friends apartment to lyme. Really cool end to the semester.

1 comment:

Sweet Simone said...

YAY! so when u comin home?! :D

P.S. can i borrow one of ur A's?