Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend of advenures!

The weekend started on Friday. I went to school way earlier than I wanted, but I met with a classmate and we went to town. I needed a calculator and a dictionary, and she needed a dress and groceries. It rained earlier in the morning, but we decided we would chance going. Fortunately it held up. I got my calculator and dictionary and ad hoc stuff. Had chinese food for the first time as well (simply edible...not spectacular).

In the evening, our class (most of us) went to lyme with some students from a foreign university (McGill I think). It turned out to be a "working" lyme, because we split in groups and discussed different topics. The topic of my group was water resource management. It was cool though.

A small group of us left there and went to a play put on by JaSAC (J'can Student Association at Cave Hill). It was in true J'can style- started about two hours late with an intermission that was supposed to be 10 min but turned into 30 min. and music that was not censured some of the times. Apart from that, it was was not overly bad. One may say it was enjoyable since we laughed a lot. I had to play translator to two of my Trini friends who couldn't understand some of the "bun" or "suss" or "autaclasp" language. It was rather odd for me but amusing at the same time.

I got home about 1 a.m.

I woke up way to early again because today is our "stress buster" and said a few prayers for God to hold the rain... and He did! I went to school to meet my ride, and we went to Pricemart to get food and stuff. We bought a cake and pizza to take to the beach for the 8 of us to share. We kayaked first, which was really cool and lot's of fun. I did the doubles first because I wasn't sure how strong I'd be to manage on my own. There were 3 singles though, and a canoe. We had informal races and all. After that, we got our snorkelling gear and went to do just that! It was wonderful...not quite the experience of the first time I went snorkelling in Portland by Navy Island with the colourful reefs and fishes, but good none-the-less. We saw "shipwrecks" and fishes and a small amount of developing corals. I, of course, wore a life jacket because I aint so confident a swimmer and once I don't have it I know I'll panic. I started out with flippers but they were rather uncomfortable and restrictive and heavy, so I took them off. Oh, and I got to be the captain of the boat to the "snorkel site".

After a while, we decide we should head back. It was cold too so I didn't have much problems with that. It was rather dif. to go into the boat, and on my way in I injured my right big toe- the nail broke and cut me. But no horrors. We headed back, had more pizza, had a really nice chocolate cake, and chilled a bit. Then some of us left. Went home, washed my hair and bathed, did school work (odd, but oh well), and then slept with my hair slightly wet (since I didn't blow-dry it- lost to much hair last time I combed through wet). I went to sleep way early; I think it was about 9 or so.

I woke up for church. Went to Salters COG. Service was ok. Went to Sunday sch after. Then afterwards I was invited to the Pastor's home for lunch (which turned out to be dinner). Spent a long time there but it was cool. I started to fall asleep after eating so I assumed they used that as the hint I should be home in my bed. But they are realy cool people.

I had a very good weekend! I hope to have more in the future and I'll definately make them part of my "adventures in Bim".

No comments: