Sunday, February 17, 2008

In the last two weeks, I've gone into mangroves through some not-so-pretty water, been to the beach to monitor sea urchins and seagrass, and snorkelled over corals to observed monitoring of those. I've also gone through a gully. This all for a course called Measurement and Analysis.

I did have fun, but only because I was able to use them to distract me from the fact that I lost my grandmother and I've still not fully come to terms with it. After all these trips, after I've left all the work and company, that's when it all went downhill and I cried in the privacy of my room with noone to bother or comfort me. But I have to keep pushing. Because a week ago when I got the terrible news, I made a pledge to dedicate this degree to my grandma and I can't let her down.

No comments: