Thursday, June 19, 2008

SYS

Today was a good day.

I called UWI to find out about how to extend the amount of time I get on my student visa as it made no sense to get it when it expires in August and I will be here way beyond that. The told me I needed to fill out a form and get passport pictures. No problem.


I had a 12noon lunch date with my friend from Belize and her bf. So I caught the blue bus (the nice ones) and got the town. Went to the place I am familiar with (that's cheaper than the rest) to get my pictures taken. Left there and went to see another friend who works in town. That was cool. Chatted a while, then went to browse books to kill time.


We had lunch at Big Johns. Food was ok I suppose. Then all four less one went to Bathsheeba (very much unplanned). We got to the bus stand in-time and rode the bus for about an hour to get to Bathsheeba (a somewhat unnerving ride but I survived). It was worth it. The company was good. The views were good. The feeling of being able to roll up my pants legs and take off my slippers and walk in the sand and water was absolutely wonderful and exhilerating.


After such a good trip, I was invited to enjoy an evening on the Harbour Master. And I am happy I went because it was a really enjoyable night. I met some familiar and not so familiar faces from the Mona campus of UWI and was able to get contact info from some. I was also able to have a one-on-one chat with someone who I found rather interesting. Learnt a lot about the man behind the face I see so often when I catch the UWI bus. I was able to see white people "dance". The food was nice and the rain was short-lived.


Today is the last day I am gonna see my friend before she goes home to Belize...at least for now. I am really happy I got to spend the time with her and her bf. So I say "see you soon".


Today was a good day.

No comments: