Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Adventures Indeed!

So this weekend was fun!

I started a new course on Thursday that is called Environmental Impact Assessment. We got group assignments, one of which required us to visit different places as groups. At first our choices were limited (sea mamal or plantation stuff), but then at the last minute she threw in another one about wind farms and I was sold!!!

Our group had 4 people, the other 2 groups 5 each. One member of our group (default) was not at school (or in the island). So the 3 there planned our strategy. So Fri morning we set out to visit a wind turbine in St. Lucy and then the site we're proposing to put up more in St. John. The taxi we took was a cool; the driver was like a tour guide and even stopped for us to visit the Mt Gay factory and take pictures at scenic locations during the trip at no extra charge.




On the way home I started to feel sick and I also got a headache, so I slept.
Saturday was not so hot. I was supposed to go to town with a friend but felt sick and was in pain so that didn't work out.

Sunday I went to church in Boscobel, St. Peter. It was nice. I left there and then went to the Kendal Sports Club to go "paintballing" (I think that's what it's called). And boy that was fun! Admitedly it was scary at first to hear the guns go off and holding it and all, but once on the field, it was scary as well as exciting.
Above is me in gear, and unfortunately I did not get to take a pic with the guns but we plan to go back so no horrors. We decided to split the team into the courses since half of us were climate change and the other in the coastal stream. On the field, it so happens that he (guide/owner) decided to split us and ended up spliting the group into exactly how we decided we were gonna split it. The first section involved grabbing a flag in the centre and returning unhit to the corner you belong to. If one is shot (with or without the flag), you must return to the corner, count to 5, and then return to the game. The first round in section 1, my team got the flag. We switched ends of the field and the other team got it on the second round. The third round was mine- I braved the shots and went to get the flag. And boy was that an adrenaline rush. I hear dem balls hot and I hate pain but I managed to go through without anyone hitting me. The last round (second section) was just shooting the other team. So happens that there wasn't really a winner since most people ran out of shots including myself (mainly because I shared some of mine and some fell out the canister holding them while I was running).
After that tiring exercise, we chilled inside and waited for our taxi. I got home and ate (and headache kinda went) and relaxed. Work awaits, but I doubt tonight is that night. We'll see.
So I can say I had a good weekend!

3 comments:

Sweet Simone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweet Simone said...

That sounds like so much fun! Happy u gettin out and tryin the weird but fun stuff :)

Rae said...

Watch mi fren in har gear! bap bap my girl. More stories like these please!!!! :D