Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sanity Break Part 2

My break continued with a trip to Harrison's Caves. At first we were contemplating whether or not we should go since it was raining, but then we decided to venture out and hope for the best. So a friend and I who live in the same general area took the UWI bus to town and waited for another friend. We then took the the bus to the caves. The one we took was a bit off the road that leads to the caves so we ended up walking a bit but it was cool. We got to experience the real country air with the lack of exhaust and wonderful sty smell.

Thanks to our UWI IDs, we paid $15 BB instead of $40 and $30 for non-nationals and locals respectively. The caves were actually kinda cool...and slighty daunting. But it was a good experience I think. They had these tram-type cars and tour guides that "twanged". Real touristy thing they got going there. But it was cool....and daunting...and entertaining.

We left there and walked back to the place from whence we walked before. At first we were going to go to Welchman Gully, but then the entrance was a bit further than anticipated so we went to the bus stop to wait (there is only so much walking hungy people are willing to do in the sun). We eventually got a bus and got to town really hungry so we headed straight for food. I had pizza; had better, had worse (I think), but thankful for it anyways.

Thursday was our day to stay home and rest. But it seems Wed night leading into Thurs I had some kinda bug. During the day on Thurs I was kinda lousy-feeling, but I've felt worse and it wasn't overly bad. I watched tv a lot. My close-to-mid-night snack was hot limeade and wholewheat biscult flavoured with non-drowsy multi-symptom and a gulp of regular, room temperature and pressure water straight from the tap. Hopefully I will wake up feeling a lot better as I have plans to go out on the road to do more sight-seeing.

No comments: