Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sanity Break Part 1

So as of 3 something last Friday, my sanity break started and I have been enjoying it.

Fri I chilled at home, slept and watched tv. It was wonderful

Sat I watched Transformers for the 2nd time while ironing, then I went to a mall to chill with a friend. I bought me some frescante espresso and boy it was good! I also bought roti and chicken. We then walked around and looked and bought a few stuff here and there. After we left there, I went to the Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination for a play entitled "For Coloured Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf". It was interesting...not quite like other plays I have seen. Will leave it there.

Sunday I went to church in St. George. It was the Greens C.O.G and it was cool. Left there, came home, ate, slept, woke up and watched tv. Another good day.

Monday I went to Sheraton Mall again, but this time it was by bus and this time I was with another friend. We got there early and hungry, so we went to KFC. Sigh. I decided to buy a chicked sandwhich that we call a zinger. It had the zing but it lacked the size and FRESH vegetables I am used to. The fries were a mess! They were horrible! I thought the J'can fries were lacking but I would have MUCH prefered those to whatever these people served. At least the 7up was ok. For the record- not a good 1st impression since this is my first time eating KFC since being here.

We left KFC and walked the mall about 2.5 times (at least). Sometime during our walk, we decided to see if the movie theatre was open for us to get tickets. Our 1st visit was futile. The girl didn't know what movies were showing and could only give a vague idea of what time the booth would open. We return sometimer after the estimated time and it's still not open. So we go back upstairs to the theatre to enquire. This is when we met the projectionist who was really nice. He gave us the schedule and told us about the specials and made his recommendations. After that, we ended up changing our plans, because at 1st we were gonna watch a 7pm movie. But we realise that we could see one at 4 and get home via bus instead of taxi which was rather expensive. So that's what we did. We saw 10 000 B.C. and I thought it was cool. (Btw, the girl to which I referred to in the beginning is the girl at the ticket booth...communication is a big thing that seems to be lacking apparently).

We went back to town an caught the UWI bus to campus, then the bus to go home.

Tuesday we set out at 11. We went to town and then took a bus to go to the museum. That was interesting and cool. I recognised a lot of the artefacts based on my previous work in a museum. We then went back to town to catch another bus to go to the $2BB movie and get lunch as well...Sheraton must know us well by now. The movie was cool. Unlike the damn bus we took back to town. We got on this bus and the min I got on I regretted it. It was apparently in a race with another and the driver was drving like an ass! What pissed me off most was when we were close to the terminal. It was racing to beat the other bus and almost ran into the behind of a car that stopped to allow a pedestrian to cross the road! The man could have killed people! Fortunately no cars were coming in the opposite direction because he would have collided with them, and fortunately the pedestrial was on the other side because she would have been seriously hit and the hospital being close was no comfort at all! I was pissed! And more so when I didn't say anything! I wanted to go back and remind him that he's not playing with the lives of animals or just an empty bus but people's lives!!!! But I didn't. Bad girl!!!

We were able to take the UWI bus to campus but the other bus left just as we were walking to it. Not cool. We decided waiting an hour wasn't worth it so we decided to take the regular bus home and hope we get a good one. On top of missing the bus, we caught the rain. Good thing it stopped for our walk home in the dark.

I am tired, but I'd say I had a good day and looking forward to having more.

No comments: