Sunday, July 13, 2008

First Planned Lyme!

Yesterday, July 12, was the first lyme I planned and I am happy to say it was good! We went to Boat Yard to go to the beach. The "entry fee" was $20BB but was redeemable for food, plus we had access to an iceberg and a trampoline plus beach chairs. It was only 4 of us who went but we had lots of fun.

Three of us met in town and walked there. We chilled a bit and talked on the deck. Then we went for a dip and the fourth joined us. We ate, chilled a bit more, then ventured back to the water. We had a non-swimmer and someone afraid of depths so two of us had life jackets as we ventured out to the trampolines. We eventually got there and chilled a bit. Then yours truly decided she wanted to try the iceberg. That was fun...and entertaining apparently for those watching. I had difficulties climbing. Then I eventually got on the first "platform" which was like a buoy. Then I tried climbing to the top, but when I got there, the top holds were missing so I couldn't pull myself up. So I went back down and tried another side. Only to discover that side was perhaps more difficult. I ditched the life jacket with the intention of getting to the part to slide down but gravity had other plans. I ended up slipping of. Darn! So I surfaced and treaded a bit. Then panick set in. My eyes were closed and I was screaming to my friend for the life jacket (he was the volunteer to keep it since I knew this would happen). I stopped freaking out when I had it around me again. Whew!

But my other friends were laughing. One even said it reminded her of ABC's show Wipeout! Glad they had fun watching... Someone else who was watching came up to the trampoline to see if I was ok. Oh Boy!

We spent a good deal of time on the trampoline chilling. We eventually left when it was becoming crowded with other people. We swam around a bit then went to get changed. Then I played pool with my friend who claimed to not be good at it. Yah right! Dude whopped my butt! But it was fun. I got home some 10 hours later having thoroughly enjoyed myself and a couple shades darker.

And for the record, this was the second time that week I was going to the beach. I am so proud of myself. So I guess I am not as anti-beach as some think I am.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That place looks like a blast. How much does $20 BB work out to?

Sweet Simone said...

Flinging words at me from B'dos huh? Actually i was thinking as i read it "Who got her to go to the beach? How much money was promised?" lol. Glad to see u havin fun Le, live it up girl :)