Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Movie and a Library

Yesterday I went to the movies to see Indiana Jones with 2 of my friends. This was after going to school to find out about a GPS device that I am hoping to use for my project. I idled a bit since work was evading me (or vice versa). The movie was cool...at least until the latter part of it where it just got weird...but then again maybe it's because I aint a fan who's followed the story from God knows when...or maybe it's the whole alien thing.

Anyways, after the movie we got the government bus (thank God!!) in the rain and went to town to catch another bus to go home. That was the first time I was in town that late and waiting to take a bus that late. And it occurred to me- if I were home I could never dream of doing that. And I was reminded of the issues I had: I want to go home to see my friends and not miss all the lyming, etc. But the flip side is that I give up the security I feel when I am here. Not to say that being is Bim means free from crime, but it's not as prevalent and breathing down your back, ready to strike as it is at home. My friend from Trinidad who was with me was also having similar issues so (sadly) it was good to be able to relate to someone.

Today I went with 2 friends again (one different from yesterday). This time we went to get work done. We went to the Library of the Ministry of Agriculture to see what information was there to help us in our research projects. Oh my goodness! I am scared at the amount of information I am finding out because it means more work and I seem to have an aversion to that recently. Working on it though. It was fun though because we were walking in drizzle and trying to avoid heavy downpours and making jokes on the way.

This time I got home way earlier and idled. Not a stitch of work. Watched tv, watched a movie, then more tv. And coughed. Tomorrow I will be home since the meeting I had was postponed, so I'll be home fighting with myself to do work. Sigh.

1 comment:

Sweet Simone said...

Oh i am having the same fight here Le, but the weather is not makin it any easier, just makes me more lazy. But i know u'll conquer ur demon b4 i conquer mine, lol