Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Presentation, Get Smart

Yesterday I had a presentation on climate change to do as a favour. Long story. But I think it went ok. Not too sure what everyone else thinks. One of my friends came with me for support. And it was only to 3 students but I got them participating...at least most of the time.

Today I went to the movies again. We went to see Get Smart for the same $3 (yes, we are students and cheap so we go to the cheap movies). Man that was a funny movie! I made the mistake of drinking some ginger beer post the bathroom break before the movie, so half way through the comedy I wanted to pee. But I was determine not to miss anything so I held it. I was so proud. I will admit I came close to losing it toward to the end of the movie because I laughed so hard, but I made it! Lesson learned. And now I know that intermissions are good for the bladder.

We left the theatre and went to the bus stop. And the laughter continued. We saw amazing sites. A mini van (affectionately known as a ZR) came to the bus stop and did just that- stopped. But there was noone to go into van. So it waited...and waited...and blocked the traffic. It stopped in the middle of the road waiting for people who were not coming and no one, not one soul, blew a horn or did anything to get the bus to move. We were all standing there in amazement as we patiently waited for a decent bus which was stuck in the traffic created by said ZR.

I got home in decent time, though I was led to believe I'd have gotten home earlier. Doesn't matter. Two friends stopped by and I chatted with them for a bit. It was cool. I was also able to look at their wedding pics and give them the gift I had for 'em. I think they liked it though it wasn't great or anything since I can' afford much at this point. I came in after and was ticked off by someone who will remain nameless, but I am putting that behind me since I have work to do, tv to watch and sanity to maintain.

I'm out!

No comments: