Friday, August 1, 2008

Emancipation

To celebrate Emancipation Day, I planned another beach lyme. This one was supposed to be in the morning for a change. We were supposed to meet at 7:30 to get to the beach for 8. That didn't quite work out. We ended up leaving about 8:30 or 9...can't quite tell.

The water was cold. Not quite what we had hoped for but we acclimatised. I had to swim in tights and my swimsuit top since in my rush I left the bottom at home. The water was too funny...at least the things in the water. So there we were chatting and ti!ng. All of a sudden we heard a noise. Flying fish! They kept spooking us from close and afar and had us laughing like idiots. But it's all good. We took a break, had food, and the rains came. So we had to put our bags together in the centre of us four (4) girls and use the only 2 umbrellas to try and shelter. We ended up decided to brave the rain in the water so we positioned the umbrellas to protect the bags.

We left after we saw what was one of the blackest skies I've ever seen. Of course we couldn't escape the rain so we had "fun" walking in the rain back to my friend's house. I changed and watched "Cast Away" and had food prepared by the hosts. Got home, bathed, washed my hair, and relaxed. Work will be done...eventually!

1 comment:

Sweet Simone said...

made u feel emancipated from the slavery of work didn't it