Sunday, August 31, 2008

Karaoke Baby!

I had a good week. Monday I took charge (very tactfully) and got the group I'm working with to make some decisions. Research is moving forward (and man its a lot of work but no problem). Didn't do the movies Tues due to rain and also bad memory (forgot). I would've gone by myself.

So Sat I went out with a friend who I'd met before and who I'm now getting to know. After a reminder online (cause I forgot), we planned to go to Oistins. She invited a friend to come along. He happened to drive so that was an added bonus. I had a great time. We got there, found food and learnt some valuable lessons. One: do not go to a place for fish and buy chicken (like moi) because BBQ chicken may or may not be fried with a hint of curry-looking seasoning. Two: shop around. Three: Karaoke is fun (even when the crowd is less than enthusiastic). I browsed the catalogue and found one of my fav songs (Aerosmith's Don't Wanna Miss A Thing), and did that. Then my friend and I did a duet of The Prayer and she did a Whitney one of her own (she is a singer!!!). So we left there having had a good time. (Btw, The Prayer was rather interesting since the version they had was the one with french which we didnt know and somehow forgot the English words for).

On the way home, we all sang songs and harmonized and boy I missed that SO much! Was good to hang out with Christians and be able to sing and have a good time doing it. We plan to lyme more and I look forward to it. Got home about 1 a.m. Didn't wake up for church since I was not told where we were going or not going. But oh well.

No comments: