Monday, July 28, 2008

Road Trip, Sea Trip

So Sat I had a field trip with the group I'm doing my research paper with. I took the gov bus after a long walk down nuff steps. I happened to miss the stop for the meeting place (since I wasn't sure exactly where I was going) but I am glad I did because I was able to see exactly where I needed to go after passing it (and asking questions), and I believe the exercise did me good. I was way early and thirsty so I went looking for a shop which I found. I then went back and met with a friend who was tagging along with me. We waited a bit, then the forester (one of rather) came and joined us. And things took a dip.

Earlier in the week I sent the forester a checklist of things I was hoping he would help me to determine on the trip. He responded and I got the impression it was cool. NOT! He seemed clueless when I started discussing it and I was wondering if my email was not clear. He then started talking about other things he thinks are important. And I wondered if he realised that was part of the reason I went ahead and sent him the list before. So that started out with me wanting to scream.

On top of that, the bus left late because people were late. And the driver went out by the main road to wait instead of staying in the parking lot. I don't like not-so-smart stuff like that, esp when I aint in such a great mood. We eventually left and went to the sites...well 2 of 3. It was less fruitful that I hoped but oh well. I used my GPS, I saw places in Bim I hadn't before. Was not a complete waste. Plus I got some Chefette for dinner. (Island Grill is needed here!!)

Later in the night I got a call from one of the members asking me if I wanted to go out. Sure! We went to Jumbies. It's a bar/diner/live band place. The band Nexus was playing. They were good! Voice quality was pretty decent and the musicans were good as well. Got home about 2 am.

Sun I went to a catameran cruise. A friend's cousin's workplace was throwing a send-off for someone who was leaving so they made it accessible to others. So we took the opportunity. It was a nice cruise. Few exceptions- I found out they waste the food (as in literally DUMP all that people do not eat- not taking home, giving away, boxing to take anywhere), the captain person was not overly friendly, I had to walk around without my slippers (as did everyone else) and that aint cool when people have swam and the place is all wet. The view was fantastic. The food was good. The lyme was nice. The going home ticked me off but at least I burnt some calories!



So I had called a taxi to me and another up at 8. He said yes. We get off the boat having enjoyed the stars and cool night air. Tried calling after not seeing him. No answer. Waited a bit. Called again. No answer. I believe I tried about 5 times or so after. No answer. So I ended up walking to a bus stop. Trick is that the walk was LONG and I was in pain and I wanted to pee so belly was really cramping. But I was able to get the blue (gov) bus after we got back to the bus route road and that was Divine intervention! It meant not having to walk down a hill past places I aint too comfortable passing and also I'd be close to home where the bathroom awaited.

So in two days, I had a trip on land and one on the sea. Not bad. I had ups and downs and in-betweens. Life.

2 comments:

bassChocolate said...

Despite all the hiccups, you're having too much fun :P

Rae said...

hehe. good times. so wah mek yu mus scorn di ppl dem glass suh? :P