Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Hike and a Lyme

Friday I had all intentions of going on the road just for going out sake. The dark sky coupled with some rather unique conversations online postponed that plan. No horrors. I'm used to staying home so the house-rat had little problems.

Saturday morning I woke up to be ready for 7 pm. It's hike-time! And this time I did make it despite 2 previous attempts. Due to communication issues, we ended up leaving late and with the tour guide having a different view of what was actually to happen. Minor matters.

The hike started in Shorey Village after an hour's driving. Geesh. Bus parked, potty break (for me), and a long journey ahead, we started the hike. We passed down a road with houses before reaching an area with none, a "river" and some bush (low) before reaching the sea.




From the start of the trip, I felt the warmth of the sun. It was rather warm. So with little shame left, I backed out my umbrella. The dainty comments never phased me. So there were little times during the hike that I didn't use it, because there was VERY little shade.

The view at the beach was absolutely beautiful. Breath-taking if you will. And yes, I did have my umbrella on the beach...we were just passing through though.



We passed many scenes along the way, ranging from scenic views to human destruction of beautiful earth.





Of course we had to pass through bush so I got prickly things on my clothes. The picture is showing some of it. There was more. And no, not cool. But I had help picking them off so that was nice.



Throughout the hike, I shared my artificial shade. One of the hikers felt sick at one point and it came in quite handy. One thing I didn't like about the hike was that the group was split more than it should have been, with some lagging behind and others going too fast (including the tour guide who doesn't seem to believe in walking slow). The hike ended with tired and thirsty people. We stopped by a mart and got some drinks while someone begged a ride for the driver to go get the bus (clearly we're tired!).

I came home in rain. I bathed, ate some good food (chicken strips I forgot I bought and only remembered because I was taking out something to thaw for dinner...sad, I know) and scrambled eggs and bread. Aahhh. Then sleep, glorious sleep! But it did hot so it was not as comfortable as I'd have liked. Did Chinese food in the evening (home-made, and wasn't as good as it was intended to me...still learning).

Sun I went to church at Chapman St in the morning, and a lyme (suggested by yours truly) in the afternooon. It was cool. Started a Scrabble game, ate some good food (maybe too much), and chilled a bit. Came home, called home and just chilled for the rest of the day.

A pretty good weekend.

PS: Congrats to all who graduated this weekend at Mona, with special mention to my cuz (mi proud bad...sniff...) and Dr. Hamil and Dr. Coke and neighbour. And all who I forgot (haven't taken the gingko in a while- sorry).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Glad you had a great weekend. Annie Sath is also in that graduation list :D

ruthibel said...

look at all that burr on the pants... ack!!! How you manage??

Good that you enjoyed it...

Sweet Simone said...

Boy, every time u write u gone somewhere else, lol, LIVE IT UP! Naticia graduated too :)