Friday, December 5, 2008

TGIF!

Today I was to wake up at 7.30 am to be ready for 8.30am to head out to do my business on the road. Somehow I just couldn't get myself out of the bed. So all that was pushed back an hour. Went and did a bank draft for the money I did not use for my research. Handed it in along with the receipts and photocopies of them.

After that, I headed to town with very little money since I left all my cards at home unintentionally. I did some window-"shopping", and then met with my friend who was taking me to lunch. On our way to the Red Bamboo, he saw two other of his friends, so he invited them as well. It was a nice lunch. The food was good and filling, and the company and conversation were good.





After that, I went to get some pictures printed. Ended up waiting for OVER AN HOUR and ended up leaving them to catch the bus to go home. I tried to keep telling myself that these things happens to build my patience...working on it. Got home dog tired! Still a good afternoon though. Thanks VP.

Later in the evening after some rest and a shower and clean hair (which was a spur of the moment decision since I was just gonna wait til next week n go to the hairdresser), I got dressed and went out with another friend. We first met in J'ca, but reconnected in Bim. She took me to TGIFridays since the other place she wanted to take I will be going Sat'day with another friend. But it was a good decision. I had chicken quesadillas with sour cream and salsa, etc, (the latter stuff being a waste except the sour cream) and I enjoyed it (to my surprise). The virgin daiquiri had much to be desired...perhaps less sugar would have helped greatly.





Dessert was an oreo ice-cream. The damn thing was so hard I had to stab at it. I ended up ditching the oreo and eating the ice-cream in the centre. Figured that was wise...maybe a sign too. It was giving me heart-burn and a work-out that I didn't need. Plus I didn't want to pay for any broken spoons! Thanks JW.



It was a good day. I guess good-byes don't have to be as sad as that one I had with my landlady yesterday. She had to be away and won't be here when I leave. But perhaps it's full-circle since she wasn't here when I came. Hmm...

PS: I still have not gotten the ok to go home, which means I don't have my ticket either. But I will still consciously try to go with the flow. Things will work out...

No comments: