Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Red Hot!

Today I went to the beach. It was the start of the aquatic traning for the new students that I decided to join since they didn't have it for us last year and I am determined to get over my fears and develop my abilities as a swimmer (another "Jackie" trait). I put on sunblock before I left home but somehow in my rush forgot it so I didn't top up at the beach.

BIG MISTAKE! At the end of the day, I'm tired but also burnt in the face. My face was red and sore. Not cool at all!!! The course is for 4 days but I am now happy that I can only make two (wasn't too happy before but Divine intervention is a wonderful thing). So now I'm dealing with a new(er) colour complexion(s) with a threat or two of it worsening and a sore face. The prices I pay! But I am grateful I had the opportunity and I did pretty well considering I have a fear of depths, am badly out of shape, and have not practiced good swimming techniques in so long I may've forgotten them. Oh well...

1 comment:

Sweet Simone said...

Am i the ONLY one not living in the water? Feeling very left out here :(