Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sick and Ka-Bomb Scare

So having had a long record of flu-free living, the streak ended on the weekend when I got it. I think it was my own fault. I had enough days of not eating properly to weaken my immune system enough but the good thing is I recovered in good time. Needless to say the weekend was somewhat unproductive - I was having issues focusing when I was well so being sick just made it worse.

Anyways, I am close to normal today. Decided I was going to town to the Immigration Office to get my student visa, then to school to meet with a lecturer about my letter and resume to start begging jobs. After much asking around, I found the Immigration Office. Only I didn't get past the door. I was met by two security officers who kindly (yah right) informed me that the office was closed. When next will it be opened? Don't know. Anytime for the rest of the week? Don't know. Seh wha?!

Anyways, I left there (somewhat flabbergasted) and caught a bus and went back to school. Did what I had to do, then came home. I then called the Immigration Office to see what the situation is. Apparently they had a bomb scare. That is scary! I'm happy it seems to be resolved though. So I guess I will venture there sometime soon and pray God watches over the place.

2 comments:

UWI Medical Class of 2011 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOL forgot i was still signed into my class account. Anyway, since i never heard anything about that from my friends that means that everyone is safe and it was just a scare...Thank God! Happy also that u got over ur short-lived flu :)