Friday, October 10, 2008

A Happy 25th

I wanted to make this year special. Couldn't do the cruise I wanted, couldn't travel as I wanted. So I opted instead to book myself into an all-inclusive hotel for a night. Hotel of choice was the Discovery Bay Hotel.

I called to check to see what is the earliest time I could check in. They told me anytime. So instead of going for 2 as I originally planned, I got there for 11.30am. Paid. Got my keys, and went to Room 74 (along the corridor in the pic).



It started to rain after I go settled in. So the next best thing was tv. Turned it on and was greeted by blue. First call to the front desk. Someone came quickly and dealt with it. But to my shock and surprise, the "cable" advertised was from stations 2 - 8. It seems they have a policy and they dictate what stations they show. I can't understand it but hey.

Sometime later the rain held up. So I went walking in Holetown, found me a bookstore, and bought two books- a novel and a puzzle book. Went back to the hotel had lunch- cheese burger, fries and blended fruit punch. Later I went to the seaside, grabbed a chair, and enjoyed the lovely breeze and the sound of the water crashing on the shore. It was so good. Wish I could have slept but at least I was relaxed. I wanted to go to the beach but it was too pebbly so opted for the pool instead. It was soo good. The water was nice and warm and swimming was relaxing and enjoyable. Spent a good deal of time in the pool. Took a short snack break and had me some sandwhiches and cake and blended fruit punch. But I didn't end up leaving the pool til it was dark.



After showering and washing my hair, I got dressed and went to dinner. It was rather tasty. I had broccoli and cheese soup (surprisingly decent) followed by pasta with cheese, grilled chicken, veggies and cheesecake. I thought I took enough but turns out I took too much. Small stomach...oh well. The band that was playing during dinner cool too.



After that I went by the bar and chilled with the bartender, Andrea. She was cool. I had some rumcream. Went back to my room after and chilled a bit watching "cable tv". I went back down about 11 and chilled with Andrea and David (staff) before heading back to my room.



The day was filled with calls and text messages from family and friends. And some were very creative in that they described me using words that begin with the letters in my first name. I don't know whose idea it was, but I felt special. Though I spent the day alone I was not really alone.

So in summary, I had a good day. Thanks to all who helped to make the day special. The cards, the calls, the emails, the texts, the singing. Thanks all!

PS: Some had a hard time grasping the fact that I opted to spend the day alone. But I have no regrets. And like I said, I wasn't really alone.

2 comments: