Friday, October 10, 2008

My Head for $70

Yeah...you saw it right.

After spending a good time at the hotel, I was picked up by a friend. She wanted to go to Speightstown so we went there and walked around window-shopping. We happened to go into this one store and my friend happened to see a few things she liked. On top of that, they had some sale of sorts. There was a mix-up in the understanding of the prices and that resulted in a rude telling-off of my friend and another employee of the store by one rowdy employee who calls herself "Betty". I kindly told her (as well as another customer) that her attitude had much to be desired to which she proceeded to tell us off. It went as far as us being unwelcomed in Barbados and David Thompson (the Hon) should do something about it. On top of that, us being unwanted in this "her" country, she could do us the favour of having our heads for $70. She didn't say whether it was BB$ or US$...and she was also ambiguous about whether it was per head or both our heads. I kept my cool, and I told my friend (who was still proceeding with her browsing) that I'd wait outside. The crap was getting to me- there's only so much one's ears can take and it gets harder to clean out after too much.

Anyways, we went elsewhere and looked around. But I was disturbed. For a while I kept wondering how serious she was. But I didn't get too upset. On our way back home, I stopped off by the store and left a card for her. It was intended to let her know that God can give her peace because it appears that only He can help this ignorant woman. She wasn't there when I went in (somewhat nervous I might add), but I hope she didn't spit on it or take me and friend to her friends or whatever.

So having done so many things in Barbados, I guess I can now add to my list a death-threat. it'd be good if that could have been para-sailing or water-skiing, but alas! It can't all be good, right?! I need balance...after all, I am a proud Libra girl!

5 comments:

Sweet Simone said...

LOL! She kno whe u come from?? eeeh?? Don't worry too much about it Le, still prayin for u :)

bassChocolate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bassChocolate said...

Well, underlying prejudice aside, it's unfortunate that an issue so simple had to get so volatile. But hey, that's the ignorant world we live in.

Anonymous said...

Your head for $70, so how much does she think she's gonna lose in potential earnings when they fire her?

Anonymous said...

I like how you handled such an unpleasant situation.