Tuesday, October 21, 2008

JASAC week so far

So this week is JASAC week- Jamaica Association of Students at Cave Hill. It started decently with a church service on Sunday, which I attended. Monday (Heroes' Day) was a flag raising ceremony at 6 a.m. which I did not attend. Today was the culture and food day. Disaster is a word I would like to use to describe it.

On Sunday, I volunteered to help out at the cultural showcase. My shift was 2 - 3 p.m. I got there and started to hear all the "mishaps" happening with the food. I wasn't overly comfortable with the whole situation either, but hey. After my shift, I decided to try and get some food cause now mi ungry! I go into the place, seems rather disorganised and food didn't seem to be available or ready. Ok. Left for a bit and went back. Decided that since they had nothing I wanted (chicken), I was gonna get soup. So I paid for soup. As I was waiting to get said soup, a man, clearly J'can, started to cuss. Instead of serving me my soup since I was standing in front of him and trying to get his attention, another man (server clearly) decided to tek on di odda man. Needless to say it got rowdy. I just took my ticket, walked out, and went home. I ate food that I had here waiting for me, no drama involved. I count the $5 I paid but a loss. I didn't think it made any sense trying to get back my money if I couldn't get my food without waiting til they decided to calm down. Not inna dat.

The play and concert is on Friday. They claim it should be good. It better be!

No comments: