Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day 2

I woke up too early, almost as though I was anticipating the alarm. So went back to sleep and again woke up before the alarm. Sigh. I eventually got up sometime after the alarm went off and got ready. While I was waiting for my ride/tour guide, I called the OAS Office and told them I was here.

From home, we went to the university. Didn’t get through really because they said that everything will be dealt with on Friday, including registration. I went to CERMES and introduced myself to the programme co-ordinator. She was very nice and crazy and down-to-earth…but I already knew this from speaking with her from months ago. I got a time-table and a print-out of the topics covered in one courses I’ll be doing, which includes a fieldtrip. We left there and I got some of my US changes to BB. Then we went to the Super Centre which is a nice, expensive place. I got my sim card from Digicel, found out how to open a bank account, and picked up a few things at the supermarket.

Left that supermarket and went to another that was cheaper. Spent a lot there and still ended up forgetting some of what I needed to buy. Then came back home.

Lunch was a piece and bread and peanut butter and a pack of ovaltine and mint tea. Had a hard deciding what to eat so that was it. I figure I’ll cook something later when I get back home later.

I went into the town area and went to a store to get passport pictures taken. I paid BB$10, which apparently was about BB$10 less than most other stores had it for. Waited too long for it considering it’s supposed to fast and convenient… or maybe that’s my misconception. Anyways, left there and headed home.

Got back home and cooked pasta and corned beef. My first cooked meal. Mark would be proud- I seasoned the water I cooked the pasta in with some lemon-flavoured seasoning I bought. Didn’t taste too badly if I may say so. Enough was left so that’ll be diner/lunch for tomorrow.

No comments: