Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Quiet, Hot Day

I had nowhere to go today. As such, I had gone to my bed very late trying to figure out a logic puzzle (I like them, even when they're frustrating). I didn't sleep well though. Sleep seems to be going downhill- I'm not comfortable in the bed, I toss and turn, and I am hot, even with a fan. Needless to say my mood was a bit on the not-so-perky side of things.

I turned on my computer (after thanking God for another day). Chatted to whoever came online at that hour. Later in the morning, I decided I should stop procrastinating and iron. So I did, in between chatting (don't worry- I tried to be efficient though I think sometimes I failed). I als called the OAS Office to see if the director received document I sent and he did. He said he was going to talk with Washington and keep me updated.

I took a break sometime in the afternoon and cooked me some food. I did banana fritters and Mrs. B enjoyed it. Said she isn't familiar with it and so I was happy to have cooked something from my "culture" for a Bajan/Canadian to enjoy.

I came back to ironing and chatting and listening to radio online. Sometime after I decided I have ironed enough, my landlady came home. Met her for the first time in person. She was tired and had stuff to do we didn't really talk much. That will come soon.

In the evening, I prepared a sandwhich for my supper. I was also offered some pudding (that is oft had with souse which is something I aint gonna try); it's made with sweet potatoes so I decided to try it. Didn't like it. It tastes like it was seasoned and had onions and things. I hate onions. Didn't even buy any to cook with (yeah, I hate them).

In the evening (night, whichever), I had a little chat with my landlady. She's nice. I got to go in her room and watch (drum roll...) CABLE! I got the remote and was able to pick what I wanted to watch (hear the Alleluias...). We watched tv and chatted. I was able to watch my beloved CSI, and it was an episode I hadn't see so I was happy. I left her room (voluntarily) sometime after midnight, though I had the option to continue watching tv. I figure I have a long day tomorrow so I should try to sleep.

I hope tonight's sleep is better than the last...

No comments: